These tasty bundles are easy and fun to make. If you’ve got puff pastry in the freezer, you’ve got what you need to make just about any delicious appetizers!
- 1 bunch (about 20–25) fresh asparagus
- 8 pieces of thin prosciutto
- 1 package of puff pastry* (I prefer the Dufour brand) thawed overnight
- Flour for dusting the board
Not paid or endorsed by Dofour, but I should be!
- Trim** about 1″ off the bottom ends of the asparagus. This is to get rid of the tough stems.
- Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured cutting board. Using a pastry cutter, pizza cutter, or sharp chef’s knife. Cut the pastry into long 1/2″ strips.
- With a sharp knife, cut the prosciutto lengthwise in three strips. Place a prosciutto strip on top of the puff pastry strip. Starting at the bottom of the asparagus, roll the up like a candy cane. Line them up like little soldiers on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 425°. While oven is preheating, place the baking sheet of apps in the freezer. When oven is hot, bake the appetizers for about 20 minutes, remove from oven and serve on a pretty serving platter.
*Puff pastry is so much better when made with real butter. It’s a bit more expensive but well worth it.
*Another great way to trim the asparagus is to snap it at the bottom. Asparagus seems to know where to snap, and you are guaranteed no tough stems.
Keywords: asparagus prosciutto appetizers, puff pastry appetizer, asparagus appetizers with prosciutto, asparagus prosciutto puff pastry, puff pastry bundles, easy appetizers, easy puff pastry appetizers