Have puff pastry? Then you’ve got the makings for the tastiest appetizers ever. These Asparagus Prosciutto wrapped bundles come together in a snap, and it make enough for a crowd. Plus, you can’t go wrong with only three ingredients! Not to mention adorable!
Perfection is not the goal with these twisty little stalks. Just roll and place on a baking sheet. You could also sprinkle them with sesame seeds or Everything But the Bagel topping. (Why didn’t I think of that one earlier?)
All you need to whip up these 3-ingredient apps are:
- Puff pastry (I like the Dufour brand, it’s made with all butter, and it’s a women-owned company, not local, but a really quality product)
- Prosciutto (thinly sliced), see tip below on how to work with it
- Asparagus, trimmed of its tough base
Prosciutto (and the puff pastry) is much easier too handle if you keep it very cold. Pop it in the fridge as needed.
These tasty bundles are easy and fun to make. If you’ve got puff pastry in the freezer, you’ve got what you need to make just about any delicious appetizers!
- 1 bunch (about 20–25) fresh asparagus
- 8 pieces of thin prosciutto
- 1 package of puff pastry* (I prefer the Dufour brand) thawed overnight
- Flour for dusting the board
Not paid or endorsed by Dofour, but I should be!
- Trim** about 1″ off the bottom ends of the asparagus. This is to get rid of the tough stems.
- Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured cutting board. Using a pastry cutter, pizza cutter, or sharp chef’s knife. Cut the pastry into long 1/2″ strips.
- With a sharp knife, cut the prosciutto lengthwise in three strips. Place a prosciutto strip on top of the puff pastry strip. Starting at the bottom of the asparagus, roll the up like a candy cane. Line them up like little soldiers on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 425°. While oven is preheating, place the baking sheet of apps in the freezer. When oven is hot, bake the appetizers for about 20 minutes, remove from oven and serve on a pretty serving platter.
*Puff pastry is so much better when made with real butter. It’s a bit more expensive but well worth it.
*Another great way to trim the asparagus is to snap it at the bottom. Asparagus seems to know where to snap, and you are guaranteed no tough stems.
Keywords: asparagus prosciutto appetizers, puff pastry appetizer, asparagus appetizers with prosciutto, asparagus prosciutto puff pastry, puff pastry bundles, easy appetizers, easy puff pastry appetizers