One of my favorite things to do with roasted turkey breast is make a sandwich or panini. Then make soup. Total comfort food.
- 1 2.5-6 lb. turkey breast (either single or double) (bone-in, skin-on)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment (helps with clean-up).
- Measure out the salt, pepper into a small bowl and oil into another (reason being, you don’t want to have to grab the salt or pepper grinder with oily, turkey hands.) Place a rack on the pan (this helps distribute the heat around the turkey breast).
- Place the turkey on the rack, and slip your hands between the skin and flesh, this is so you can get the salt and pepper directly on the meat. Rub the oil, salt and pepper all over the turkey, don’t forget the other side and under that skin. Also, be sure to wash your hands very well, before and after this step.
- Place the turkey in the oven, and close it quick. Turn the oven down to 350º. Hopefully, you have an instant-read thermometer so you can check it after about 40 minutes. Internal temp (not touching the bone) should ready around 160 degrees. About 50 minutes to an hour. The skin will be nice and golden brown.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes before removing from the bone and carving/chopping/shredding for any other dishes.
Remember to save that bone. Throw it in the freezer (and keep adding other bones to it) for turkey stock!