The first (of many) official recipes for the start of our 30-Day No-Processed Food Challenge. Whoot! Now, you may think I’m off my rocker with this one, especially if you know I’m not wild about avocados, but trust me, this is a keeper.
The avocado blended with frozen fruit is honestly, well, even creamier than a milkshake. I’m not joking. Choose your favorite fruit, but raspberry and strawberry work best for me. As a note of caution, I would avoid frozen pineapple and mango. Those are a bit too astringent for this. Save those for a tropical smoothie (great idea! I’ll work on that.)
You really want to try this smoothie because:
- It makes a great breakfast
- Dessert worthy, yet guilt-free
- Very satisfying, it’s a great afternoon pick-me-up
Give this smoothie a try, and be sure to check the recipe section for more great recipes this month. I’d love to know what you think about this smoothie too! Tag me (#shecooksdesign)!Print
Avocado raspberry and chocolate smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 smoothie 1x
- Category: Breakfast Snack
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Smooth and creamy, rich and dreamy (I know, I have a thing for food commercial jingles). Sub your favorite fruit, but I find raspberries go so well with the cocoa. Strawberries are delish too.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (cherries or strawberries are yummers too)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (unsweetened almond milk is okay, but check the label)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (taste to see if you need a little more)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
Throw it all in the blender and whizz-it round for about 30 seconds or so. The above used an affiliate link.
You may use any fruit, but be sure it’s frozen, it works with the avocado to make it super smooth.
I’ve even used frozen cranberries for this recipe, but you’d definitley need a little more maple syrup, to cut the tartness. Talk about antioxidants!
Keywords: Avocado raspberry and chocolate smoothie, frozen fruit, 30-day no-processed food
Leave a Reply